One of the key challenges in education is how to incorporate modern technology into the classroom, without loss to the aesthetics or the fundamentals of good order.
TouchStar solutions are in use around the world in educational environments including universities, university housing, schools, research institutes, academies, kindergartens and more where they provide security, access control and campus management. Security measures in universities, colleges and schools need to be robust and effective but unobtrusive. Parents need to trust educational institutions to look after their children, so it is vital that they provide effective 24/7 security and ensure both students and staff are safe and protected at all times. This is especially true in a campus housing environment, where many of the students are living away from home for the first time.
Building entrances, classrooms, lecture rooms, libraries, laboratories, staff rooms, sports centres, student housing and more can all be protected by smart access control that allows access to specific rooms or areas for selected periods only, with doors auto locking at pre-specified times as necessary.
And, if required, they can also incorporate special features such as electronic escutcheons that enable classrooms and facilities to be quickly locked down during a security or other emergency event.
Whatever the solution used, it has to be both secure, reliable and flexible so that staff and student / pupil safety is maintained at all times.
TouchStar healthcare access control and CCTV systems can provide clients with a secure, flexible solution which offer a range of operational benefits specifically tailored for the education sector.
- Differentiate easily who has access and when to such different places as offices, residences, laboratories, libraries, athletic and cultural facilities, common areas, etc.
- Distinguish access not just by physical location but also duration, easily managing access for short-term guests, i.e., conference attendees, contract and temporary workers, as well as staff and students.
- Integration of access control along with other campus services i.e., cashless vending, canteens, library systems, transportation on one credential.
- Flexibility of system lets you change access plans easily thereby facilitating the individual programming of certain installations for conferences, sport and cultural events, etc.
- In emergency situations, local lockdown feature allows authorized users to put electronic locks into stand-alone lockdown mode.
At TouchStar, we provide CCTV cameras that are configured for maximum (HD) image definition in all lighting conditions, this includes colour or monochrome cameras formats.
Our CCTV systems can operate as stand-alone products or as part of an integrated security system. A full CCTV system configuration could, for example, incorporate remotely-monitored software & hardware incorporating alarm management, remote access control, lone worker monitoring, live audio warning systems using network, ADSL and 3G transmission of feed data.
Our independent status means we’ll work with you to put the right CCTV in place so you have peace of mind around the clock. Key features include;
- Instant playback options.
- Round the clock monitoring of remote sites.
- Zoom functions to focus in on suspicious activity.
- Simultaneous multiple views.
- Uninterrupted transmission to monitoring centres regardless of distance, weather or environment.
- Fully scalable, from stand-alone configuration to fully integrated remote CCTV-Access Control.
TIME & ATTENDANCE
In addition to addressing the security needs of education facilities, TouchStar offer a variety of time & attendance systems that assist the management of personnel.
Using TouchStar time & attendance hardware can be the key factor in better management of employee working hours. TouchStar systems can help reduce administrative paperwork and wasted time by capturing important time data automatically and scheduling the right staff at the right time ensuring that managers are able to manage the available staff working hours more effectively.
The benefits derived from the adoption of an automated time & attendance system will vary depending on the organisations precise working patterns. However, typical benefits include;
- Reduce absenteeism and improve punctuality - Quantitative real-time data ensures problem areas and absence incidents are readily identified, allowing appropriate action before the situation gets out of hand or becomes a repeat pattern.
- Simplified creation of schedules - The TouchStar time and attendance system can be configured and adapted to include reflect specific production cycles, working practices, flexi-time, shift work and holidays.
- Integration with HR and payroll systems - Data can be exported direct to other business systems, eliminating the potential for error caused by data double entry.
- Compliance with employment & workplace legislation - An automated time and attendance system will help ensure that workers’ schedules conform to Legislation relating to permitted working hours, compulsory break times etc.
- Communication software – our software enables communication with all types of terminals if they are FAMS or IP protocols. It ensures the configuration is up-to-date, synchronises the time and date with the server and collects real time data when it is entered at the terminal.
Further details on TouchStar systems can be found at http://www.touchstar-atc.com/