e-StudentTracker is a web-based application that works with existing MIS systems to present managers, teachers, students and parents with a user-friendly single point of access to a range of academic and pastoral data.
Celebrating 100 years as a foodservice wholesaler in 2018
Celebrating 100 years as a foodservice wholesaler in 2018, Thomas Ridley Foodservice has grown to become one of the UK’s leading independent delivered wholesalers and provides a total food service solution to the catering industry; delivering a comprehensive range of chilled, ambient, frozen, professional hygiene and catering sundries. Operating over sixty vehicles, the modern and high specification progressive fleet of multi-temperature vehicles is second to none and services a wide range of customers, from local authorities, county councils, contract caterers, schools, colleges, nursing homes, hospitals to social clubs, pubs, restaurants, hotels, leisure facilities and garden centres.
An outstanding reputation for delivering quality products, value, convenience and exceptional customer service, whilst retaining the personal touch, as one of the largest independent wholesalers, Thomas Ridley can adapt quickly to market changes and leads the way in working with customers and suppliers to ensure mutually beneficial relationships.
Thomas Ridley are midway through implementing their five year strategy which is focused on delivering exceptional customer service via the new website and ordering system, a multi-million pound new 25,000 sq. ft. freezer facility with voice picking, warehouse management and multi order picking onto electronic trucks and a doubling of the chilled sales volume capacity as well as additional ambient storage space.
Understanding the bespoke needs of the sector, they have a dedicated team of professionals servicing the education sector accounts with a wealth of experience and an in-depth understanding of the needs of school caterers. These teams use their considerable knowledge to work with customers on menu planning and cost control whilst offering product demonstrations, menu development and advice on how to meet the increasingly stringent requirements to reduce fat and salt content. This ensures that delivery of the products and services are right for all establishments.
Thomas Ridley can offer education caterers help to create and deliver nutritional ‘free from’ meals with two key services:
- ‘Allergen Check’ - this is a complimentary tool from Thomas Ridley and it enables customers to see at a glance a list of the products purchased and the allergens they contain. The product allergen information is collected from suppliers all of whom have accreditations to comply with the current food legislation including their declarations on allergens. Our team have gone to great lengths to ensure that our suppliers’ information is readily available for easy access.
- ‘Key2Nutrients’ – Thomas Ridley’s ‘Key2Nutrients’ online software system (K2N), can help caterers with meal planning to ensure that students have the correct nutritional values on the meals they serve. The system is pre-populated with over 4000 ingredients and contains the full McChance and Widdowson database of nutritional values, along with hundreds of recipe ideas and sample menu plans. This simple-to-use, point-and-click tool makes it easy to:
- Determine the nutritional content of the food you supply
- See at a glance if what you're serving meets the personal nutritional needs of the people you're serving it too
- Ensure you have the correct quantities of the correct ingredients
A recent case study at Homerton College, Cambridge saw the Food and Beverage Manager praising their account manager for always sharing best practice and bringing new and innovative products to the site which caters to a vast array of functions – from staff and student meals which can be up to 1,100 meals per day to weddings, awards, conferences and seven course banquets. Their long standing relationship with Thomas Ridley is an ongoing success due to the collaborative and supportive relationship that has developed over the ten years that they have been working together.
As an associate member of LACA and TUCO, Thomas Ridley are kept informed of the latest industry developments, ensuring we maintain the best service for school caterers, giving you peace of mind that you are dealing with professionals who understand your sector. They are also members of the British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) and Federation of Wholesale Distributors (FWD).
Thomas Ridley are passionate about delivering the best to caterers in the education sector, working hard to provide a number of products, resources and services to help customers. They are committed in encouraging and promoting the benefits of a balanced diet to children and young people.
As a wholesaler to the foodservice industry, Thomas Ridley offers national, multi-temperature distribution and thousands of products online.
For more information or to order from Thomas Ridley Foodservice please contact us by telephone or email.